We’re super excited this year to be part of this survey by Jamie over at The Perpetual Page Turner. So check out our answers and feel free to leave a comment and share your links to your survey answers below.
Number Of Books You Read: Aiming for 100 (and almost there)
Number of Re-Reads: 6…I think?
Genre You Read The Most From: Contemporary (both adult and YA)
1. Best Book You Read In 2014?
General Fiction: Either Colorless Tsukuru Tazaki and his Years of Pilgrimage by Haruki Murakami or The Love Song of Miss Queenie Hennessy by Rachel Joyce
Mystery/Thriller: Faceoff edited by David Baldacci
Historical Fiction: Somewhere in France by Jennifer Robson
YA: My True Love Gave to Me: Twelve Holiday Stories edited by Stephanie Perkins
Non-Fiction: Listen to the Squawking Chicken: A Daughter’s Blueprint for Life from the Mother Who Thinks She Knows Best by Elaine Lui
2. Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn’t?
Then and Always by Dani Atkins
3. Most surprising (in a good way or bad way) book you read in 2014?
The Ring and the Crown by Melissa de la Cruz
4. Book You “Pushed” The Most People To Read (And They Did) In 2014?
Crazy Rich Asians by Kevin Kwan
5. Best series you started in 2014? Best Sequel of 2014? Best Series Ender of 2014?
Dorothy Must Die by Danielle Paige, Haze by Paula Weston, and I haven’t read any series enders this year
6. Favorite new author you discovered in 2014?
7. Best book from a genre you don’t typically read/was out of your comfort zone?
Haze by Paula Weston, not a fan of paranormal but loving this series so far!
8. Most action-packed/thrilling/unputdownable book of the year?
Faceoff edited by David Baldacci
9. Book You Read In 2014 That You Are Most Likely To Re-Read Next Year?
Haze by Paula Weston
10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2014?
The Love Song of Miss Queenie Hennessey by Rachel Joyce
11. Most memorable character of 2014?
Nombeko Mayeki from The Girl Who Saved the King of Sweden
12. Most beautifully written book read in 2014?
Colorless Tsukuru Tazaki and His Years of Pilgrimage by Haruki Murakami
13. Most Thought-Provoking/ Life-Changing Book of 2014?
10:04 by Ben Lerner
14. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2014 to finally read?
Somewhere in France by Jennifer Robson
15. Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2014?
“A story is like a moving train; no matter where you hope on board, you are bound to reach your destination sooner or later.” – Khaled Hosseini, And the Mountains Echoed
16. Shortest & Longest Book You Read In 2014?
Shortest: No Place Like Oz by Danielle Paige and Longest: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J.K. Rowling
17. Book That Shocked You The Most
Blood Always Tells by Hilary Davidson, so many good twists and turns.
18. OTP OF THE YEAR (you will go down with this ship!)
Rafa and Gabe from Haze by Paula Weston
19. Favorite Non-Romantic Relationship Of The Year
The friendship between Reagan O’Neill and Lilah Montgomery in Open Road Summer
20. Favorite Book You Read in 2014 From An Author You’ve Read Previously
Mãn by Kim Thùy
21. Best Book You Read In 2014 That You Read Based SOLELY On A Recommendation From Somebody Else/Peer Pressure:
….none? Haha, so if anyone wants to chime in on the comments below, feel free to leave me some recommendations.
22. Newest fictional crush from a book you read in 2014?
I don’t really have one…unfortunately? Haha
23. Best 2014 debut you read?
Open Road Summer by Emery Lord
24. Best Worldbuilding/Most Vivid Setting You Read This Year?
Dorothy Must Die by Danielle Paige
25. Book That Put A Smile On Your Face/Was The Most FUN To Read?
The Girl Who Saved the King of Sweden by Jonas Jonasson
26. Book That Made You Cry Or Nearly Cry in 2014?
Lots! The most memorable one being Calling Me Home by Julie Kiebler
27. Hidden Gem Of The Year?
The Great Canadian Bucket List: One-of-a-Kind Travel Experiences by Robin Esrock
28. Book That Crushed Your Soul?
World of Trouble by Ben Winters
29. Most Unique Book You Read In 2014?
Texts from Jane Eyre: And Other Conversations with Your Favorite Literary Characters by Mallory Ortberg
30. Book That Made You The Most Mad (doesn’t necessarily mean you didn’t like it)?
Second Star by Alyssa B. Sheinmel
1. New favorite book blog you discovered in 2014?
As I hate love triangles, I really loved the book blog: http://www.loveisnotatriangle.com/
2. Favorite review that you wrote in 2014?
My review of The Valley of Amazement by Amy Tan.
3. Best discussion/non-review post you had on your blog?
Top Ten Tuesdays…Top Books I’ve Read This Year (so far)
4. Best event that you participated in (author signings, festivals, virtual events, memes, etc.)?
IFOA, I got to meet Kim Thùy who’s one of my all-time favourite authours.
5. Best moment of bookish/blogging life in 2014?
I have a few, getting to meet other book bloggers at the Frenzy Presents event, and meeting my favourite mystery authour this year, Louise Penny (who was extremely friendly and approachable)
7. Most Popular Post This Year On Your Blog (whether it be by comments or views)?
My book review of No Relation by Terry Fallis
8. Post You Wished Got A Little More Love?
Pretty much any of my reviews.
9. Best bookish discover (book related sites, book stores, etc.)?
The Recaptains site!!
10. Did you complete any reading challenges or goals that you had set for yourself at the beginning of this year?
I finished the Savvy Reader’s 50 Book Pledge
1. One Book You Didn’t Get To In 2014 But Will Be Your Number 1 Priority in 2015?
The Joy Luck Club by Amy Tan
2. Book You Are Most Anticipating For 2015 (non-debut)?
China Rich Girlfriend by Kevin Kwan
3. 2015 Debut You Are Most Anticipating?
I Am Her Revenge by Meredith Moore
4. Series Ending/A Sequel You Are Most Anticipating in 2015?
Winter by Marissa Meyer
5. One Thing You Hope To Accomplish Or Do In Your Reading/Blogging Life In 2015?
Read more of the non-review books that have been accumulating on my shelf for awhile now.
6. A 2015 Release You’ve Already Read & Recommend To Everyone:
The Boy Next Door by Katie Van Ark